The Fields is a Christian inspirational book written by a cancer doctor that discusses the challenges of life, especially from the medical perspective, the beauty of God’s creation and human relationships, the need to care for the least among us through volunteer works, and appreciation for the simple gifts of life. 100 percent of the proceeds from the sale of this book will be donated to charitable organizations.
The Fields is a Christian inspirational book written by a cancer doctor that discusses the challenges of life, especially from the medical perspective, the beauty of God’s creation and human relationships, the need to care for the least among us through mission works and appreciation for the simple gifts of life. 100% OF THE PROCEEDS OF THIS BOOK WILL BE DONATED TO:
1. The Russell Hill Cancer Foundation (to aid poor and/or uninsured cancer patients in and around North Alabama).
2. Project Abundant Life (a transitional housing ministry for single moms in Madison County, Alabama).
3. Bessong Ministries (to aid poor and/or divorced, downtrodden people in North Alabama, and hospital and cancer center chaplaincy).
4. Until They Know Ministry (a ministry for poor Haitians and Dominicans in and around Puerto Plata, the Dominican Republic).
5. Desert Rose Ministries (ministries to rescue girls from forced marriages, FGM, and to reach the unreached people in Kenya, Africa).
6. Kenya Relief (a ministry to rescue, house and educate orphans, and to provide medical care for the poor people in Migori, Kenya, Africa).
The Love That Dare Not Speak Its Name by Fiza Pathan is a collection of twenty-one original short stories, each centered on some aspect of the social, cultural, psychological and emotional issues facing the LGBTQIA community in the world today. False prejudice has blighted much of society’s sensitivity to what is necessarily a human rights issue. Ignorance has compounded it. What if you, as a parent or a family member, are faced with this “coming out” issue? Are you aware what each term in this acronym LGBTQIA really means? Are you aware of the emotional and psychological damage you do to your loved one when you fail to understand and reject their perspective of love, sex and acceptance?
Understanding the implications of the above, the author after months of research has crafted these stories based on actual conditions existing in different countries of the world. You will meet Rocky in “(A)sexual Story,” the psychiatrist Dr. Timothy in “Fix It,” and Jasmine and Randy in “Human Work of Art.” You will learn about DSD—Dysfunction Sexual Disorder in “Isher,” why Bangkok is called the “Kathoey Paradise,” shudder at the public repression of gays by ISIS in Raqqa and the dichotomy that exists in Iran. You will revel at the miracle you witness in “Topanga,” cry for Sameera in “The Girl’s Bathroom,” and be educated in “The Gay Truth.”
And in all these stories and many more you will learn that every human being suffers like you do and rejoices as you do, and deserves the right to choose how he or she should live their life, however different we perceive them to be.